Monday, February 15, 2010

Long Days Require Snuggle Buddies!

 Ok so I just absolutely LOVE my dog and I've decided to blog about her! I feel like I don't give her enough internet time ;)



You can obviously tell it was kind of a haphazard day by the hair do, but this is me and my best buddy! I love having her with me at night when Jim isn't around! She will snuggle with me right before I fall asleep and then scootch to the bottom corner of the bed to sleep. She is the absolute BEST! I know I've said it before somewhere else on the internet, but she really is the greatest! She snuggles, and sleeps in for as long as I do. She's very low key, unless you want to play, then she'll totally get into it with you! She loves tug of war and catch! She's a pretty great retriever, even though she's an american cocker spaniel!  She's a pretty obedient dog too! ESPECIALLY when there's food involved!


his was her when I first got her in June of 07! She was 3 years old already, which I liked because I don't really know if I would have the patience for a puppy haha! I had seen her online and I KNEW I had to have her! She was just so lovable and her story totally tugged at my heart strings. She had been abused by her previous owners and was only used for puppies. She wasn't fed on a regular basis and when she was fed, it was people food. I know dogs seem to love it, but most of it isn't good for them! She was almost bald when I got her due to a skin disease she had, which was being treated when I saw her. The woman at the Humane Society told me that the guy that dropped her off pretty much was a jerk. She would ask him questions about why Melly looked the way she did, and he would answer with "I don't know and I don't care." I was in absolute LOVE with her the minute I saw her in her cage. She looked like a little grandma! In doggy form!
The second picture is one of her now! A very happy, very fuzzy little lady!


I had to make sure she was good with cats, seeing as we had Tigger living with us. SHE LOVED TIGGER! She would try to hang with Tigger all the time, but Tigger really wasn't having it until about a week later and they came to be good buddies. Then we got Peanut and Zee.... Zee is a DOG HATER! But absolutely ADORABLE! She, Peanut, and Melly would all run around the apartment and keep each other busy during the day until either Amanda, Becki, or I got home.

The first one's Peanut... she was a little smaller when Amanda got her ;) And the second one in her "chill out" igloo, is Zee. They are pretty crazy but these two and Melly were pretty tight. When Melly moved out, she was definitely lonely for these guys because she isn't a dog, dog. She get's along fine with my other two pups but really doesn't enjoy dog company. Jim's dog Penny tries to play with Melly all the time and Melly gives her this look like "what the fuck are you doing? Please leave me alone... uhm, yea... "

 
She's also very dumb. Almost ditzy.... as she portrays very well in this picture with the look on that silly little face. But this is why I love her. She looooooooooooooooves car rides too!  We took Jim to the train station last night and she was a great companion! 



These are my other two ladies. An American Black Lab, Maxine and my fat Chocolate Lab, Calli! They are so wonderful and loving and just unconditional. We rescued both of them too. Max was 7 when we adopted her and Calli was 5. Max was severely beaten by her previous owners and had never been inside a house. Yet, when we brought her home, she was house trained and so incredibly obedient and SMART! She learned come, sit, stay, lay down all within a day. She really is a miraculous dog! When we got her, she was 25 pounds underweight and disgustingly dirty. Calli was just with another family, but they didn't have the time to love her so they had put her up for adoption. No sad story there!

I know I might be a crazy pet lady, but I'm ok with that. I feel like I am able to balance my life with my pets pretty well. I'm finally taking classes to be a Vet Assistant... which is a step in the right direction for me! I don't want to go and work for PETA or anything but I know that animals are going to be my career and I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment